We will show you today during this episode of Test Drive Program, a detailed test drive of the 2020 Ford Explorer in its all-new sixth generation, accompanied by our colleague Karim Deeb.
This new American car was officially launched for the first time in the world at the Detroit Auto Show in 2019, and the 2020 Explorer acquired an entirely new chassis called CD6, the same chassis used in its luxurious sister Lincoln Aviator, and the star of today’s episode went back to a standard rear-wheel-drive system, and it can definitely be ordered with an optional 4-wheel-drive system.
The version we have test-driven in this episode is the new Explorer Limited, while the Explorer ST is considered the sporty performance version of this model now.
The version we have test-driven in this episode is the new Explorer Limited, and the Explorer ST is the sporty performance version of this model.
ArabGT’s Detailed Test Drive Of The All-New 2020 Ford Explorer:(English Subtitled)
Engines available on new Ford Explorer cars
- A 2.3-liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder generating 300 hp and 420 Newton meters of torque, and with this engine, the car accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 7 seconds and can reach a top speed of 180 km / h (electronically limited), and we test-drove this engine it in today’s episode.
- A twin-turbo 3-liter V6 engine generating 400 hp and 563 Nm of torque, available on Explorer ST.
- The new Explorer Hybrid comes with a 3.3-liter V6 engine, along with an electric motor that draws power from a lithium-ion battery, and both engines generate 318 hp and 437 Nm of torque.
- All engine options available on the 2020 Ford Explorer are connected with a 10-speed automatic gearbox.
Prices in UAE market:
- The price of the new Explorer starts from 41,100 USD, equivalent to 151,000 AED or 154,200 SAR.
- The price of the 2020 Ford Explorer Limited that we tested in this episode is 54,150 USD, equivalent to 199,000 AED or 203,200 SAR.
- The price of the fully loaded trim level of the 2020 Ford Explorer in the UAE reaches 64,550 USD, which is equivalent to 237 thousand AED or 242 thousand Saudi riyals.