GMC introduced today the next-generation of its flagship SUVs, the 2021 Yukon and Yukon XL, enhanced by offering class-leading technology and all-terrain elevated capability.
The 2021 Yukon lineup is headlined by an all-new and more upscale Denali and the first-ever Yukon AT4, taking Yukon into the premium off-road space. Yukon reaches a higher level of precise craftsmanship and premium accommodations through a combination of advanced features and class-leading technologies,
The 2021 Yukon Denali debuts a more confident stance and improved proportions enabled by its longer wheelbase and new chassis. As bold as the new exterior design is, the biggest stories are found inside the new Yukon.
For the first time, Denali models now have an exclusive interior – a completely new instrument panel, unique seats, and a choice among four unique color themes, each with its own personality – outfitted with premium and authentic materials.
Denali’s trademark Galvano chrome grille is larger and more detailed, with a precise dimensional pattern featuring over 10,000 individual reflective surfaces. Advanced lighting technology distinguishes the Yukon Denali from other SUVs. GMC’s C-shaped front lighting signature is conveyed through a prominent “light blade” that delivers uniform LED illumination for the daytime running lamps. LEDs are also used for the headlamps, taillamps, fog lamps and other illuminative elements, with lenses constructed from durable material with an almost crystalline quality.
As always, Denali offers the highest level of premium features and content in the new Yukon and Yukon XL. Highlights include:
- High Definition Surround Vision1camera
- 15-inch-diagonal multicolor Head-Up Display
- Rear Pedestrian Alert1
- Fourth-generation Magnetic Ride Control
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension
- Active Response 4WDTM System
- Panoramic sunroof
- Premium 22-inch wheels are available
Following the breakout popularity of the new Sierra AT4 pickup and the more recently launched Acadia AT4, the new Yukon AT4 is squarely focused on rugged adventure. GMC will offer the new AT4 sub-brand across all product lines by the end of 2020.
Yukon AT4 provides premium off-road inspired design cues to match its strong capability. The first-ever Yukon AT4 features a unique front fascia that both visually carries the rugged all-terrain look and supports off-road capability. Coupled with the four-corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, the AT4 can raise and offer an additional 2 inches (50 mm) of ground clearance. When at this maximum height, the Yukon AT4 offers a nearly 32-degree approach angle for added off-road capability. AT4 provides a contrast to Denali’s chrome-oriented look around the exterior, with trim characterized by body color or dark accents throughout, as well as a pair of red recovery hooks, similar to the Sierra AT4.
Key features of the AT4 include:
- Two-speed transfer case
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension
- 20-inch Goodyear®all-terrain tires
- Traction Select System with off-road mode
- Hill Descent Control
- Skid plates protecting key areas of the underbody
- AT4-exclusive leather-appointed seats and stitching
- Unique Jet Black interior color theme with Brandy accents
- Heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated front seats and heated second-row outboard seats
The heart of the new Yukon is its all-new Active Response 4WD System, a combination of technical systems including auto two-speed transfer case, Traction Select, chassis controls and a new electronic Limited Slip Differential. Coupled with the new multilink independent rear suspension, the Yukon offers the ride sophistication and isolating characteristics typically associated with smaller vehicles but scaled for the capability requirements of GMC’s full-size SUV customers.
Yukon and Yukon XL drivers will have their choice among three engine options:
- An all-new version of the lauded 6.2L V8 engine, delivering 420 horsepower and 624 Nm of torque, paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission
- The standard 5.3L V8 engine delivering 355 horsepower and 519 Nm of torque, paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission
- A 3-liter 6-cylinder diesel engine, delivering 277 hp and 623 Nm of torque